Boise, ID August 1-2
August 1 @ 8:00 am - August 2 @ 3:00 pm $289
At our workshops teachers have the unique experience of learning a language that they do not typically teach. We refer to this as the “student experience.” As classroom teachers, we often forget what it is like to learn a new language. Experiencing Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling is an unparalleled professional development opportunity and it reminds what effective teaching is. TPRS® works at every level of language instruction and has been used in thousands of classrooms around the world for over 30 years. Come see this powerful teaching method for yourself.
TPRS® Workshops consist of:
- Second language acquisition principles and theory
- Presenter demonstrations techniques for optimizing comprehensible input
- Participants learning to understand, read, write and speak a new language
- Strategies for teaching stories
- Individual coaching and group practice
- Information regarding homework, grading, timed writings, classroom management, lesson plans, scope and sequences and more
All participants will receive a certificate of completion with the number of hours completed (6 hours per day) and sample curriculum for teacher and students. Daily lunch is included.
Presenter: Craig Sheehy
TPRS© Workshops consist of an introduction, presenter demonstrations, individual and group practice, and also will address classroom topics such as homework, grading, classroom management, lesson plans, and MORE… Course Details.