TPRS 101 Online Workshop – “Getting Started with TPRS” – Aug 2-3, 2021
August 2 @ 8:00 am - August 3 @ 3:00 pm $199
Presenter: Von Ray
This is a TPRS online workshop conducted in English. 12 hours of training, 6 hours a day for 2 days. 8 am to 3 pm Pacific Time (with one hour lunch break).
At our workshops teachers have the unique experience of learning a language that they do not typically teach. We refer to this as the “student experience.” As classroom teachers, we often forget what it is like to learn a new language. Experiencing Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling is an unparalleled professional development opportunity and it reminds us of what effective teaching is. TPRS® works at every level of language instruction and has been used in thousands of classrooms around the world for over 30 years. Come see this powerful teaching method for yourself.
TPRS® 101 Workshops consist of:
- Second language acquisition principles and theory
- Presenter demonstrations of techniques for optimizing comprehensible input
- Participants learning to understand, read, write and speak a new language
- Strategies for teaching stories
- Individual coaching and group practice
- Information regarding homework, grading, timed writings, classroom management, lesson plans, scope and sequences and more
All participants will receive a certificate of completion with the number of hours completed (6 hours per day) and sample curriculum for teacher and students.
This is a zoom meeting and the link to the meeting will be emailed several days before the workshop from either TPRS Books or the presenter. Attendees will also have limited access after the workshop to videos of the workshop.