- This event has passed.
TPRS Online Workshop – December 7-10, 2020
December 7, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - December 10, 2020 @ 6:30 pm $199
This is a TPRS online workshop due to the CoVid-19 virus. 12 hours of training, 3 hours a day for 4 days. 3 pm to 6:15 pm Pacific Time.
At our workshops teachers have the unique experience of learning a language that they do not typically teach. We refer to this as the “student experience.” As classroom teachers, we often forget what it is like to learn a new language. Experiencing Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling is an unparalleled professional development opportunity and it reminds us of what effective teaching is. TPRS® works at every level of language instruction and has been used in thousands of classrooms around the world for over 30 years. Come see this powerful teaching method for yourself.
TPRS® Workshops consist of:
- Second language acquisition principles and theory
- Presenter demonstrations of techniques for optimizing comprehensible input
- Participants learning to understand, read, write and speak a new language
- Strategies for teaching stories
- Individual coaching and group practice
- Information regarding homework, grading, timed writings, classroom management, lesson plans, scope and sequences and more
All participants will receive a certificate of completion with the number of hours completed (3 hours per day) and sample curriculum for teacher and students.
Presenter: Blaine Ray, Von Ray and/or Craig Sheehy